The Colonial Restaurant
Opening times: open every day 10am – 3.30pm (kitchen open 10am – 2.30pm)
The restaurant is just before the ticket office at the Gardens and so can be enjoyed by all. There is no admission charge to use our catering facilities
Our lunch menu changes daily, but we do have daily specials and Sunday roasts (after 2nd February, owing to Christmas lunches being offered beforehand).
Good Food, the Simple Way
We serve homemade food.
We use locally sourced ingredients from local suppliers.
We cater for vegetarians and customers with allergies.
Gluten-free, dairy-free and wheat-free products are always available.
- Beef is reared locally in Bridport,
- Pork and lamb come from the West Country,
- Fish is caught locally (where possible),
- Salad leaves and watercress come from Dorset,
- Vegetables are supplied by UK sources,
- Gluten-free flour comes from Somerset,
- Speciality ice cream comes from Chippenham,
- Crisps come from Berkshire,
- Coffee is fair-trade, organic and Rainforest Alliance Certified,
- Tea is organic and fair-trade,
- Bottled water comes from Hampshire,
- Wine comes from a supplier in nearby Bridport,
- Cakes and bread are mostly made in our kitchen, with a small amount provided by local suppliers.