The Colonial Restaurant
Perfect for lunches, snacks or drinks (fully licensed).
This restaurant is very special, constructed in the colonial style, built of timber with a raised veranda overlooking the beautiful Gardens. Ample seating inside, on the veranda and in the courtyard where wild birds congregate hoping for a share. We are able to offer very special meal arrangements to complement the events that take place during the season.
Associate member of Direct from Dorset Food & Drink Initiative.
Opening times: open every day 10am – 4.30pm (kitchen open 10am – 3.00pm)
The restaurant is just before the ticket office at the Gardens and so can be enjoyed by all.
Good Food the Simple Way
We serve homemade food.
We use locally sourced ingredients from local suppliers.
We cater for vegetarians and customers with allergies.
Gluten-free, dairy-free and wheat-free products are always available.
- beef is reared locally in Bridport
- pork and lamb come from the West Country
- fish is caught locally (where possible)
- salad leaves and watercress come from Dorset
- vegetables are supplied by UK sources
- gluten-free flour comes from Somerset
- speciality ice cream comes from Chippenham
- crisps come from Berkshire
- coffee is fair-trade, organic and Rainforest Alliance Certified
- tea is organic and fair-trade
- bottled water comes from Hampshire
- wine comes from nearby Bridport
Our cakes and bread are mostly made on site with small amount provided by local suppliers.