Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens Coffee Shop
Opening times: open every day 10am – 4.30pm (kitchen open for light bites 11am – 3pm).
The coffee shop is just before the ticket office at the Gardens and so can be enjoyed by all. There is no admission charge to use our catering facilities.
We have implemented socially distanced seating indoors, on the veranda and in our courtyard.
You may take your food and drinks from our self-service counter to sit at our tables or into the garden for a picnic.
Please note we are not taking cash sales at present.
Please use the track & trace app to sign into the building on every visit or fill in our form.
All food and drinks are served using “Vegware” plates and cups. They are made using plants and are biodegradable and compostable and break down with food waste. Please use the bins provided.
Glass & plastic bottle recycling bins are present.
“NEW” Opening later in 2021, we will be operating a pop up coffee & cake café in our marquee overlooking the west lawn.
Good Food, the Simple Way
Cakes are baked in our Swannery bakery at the Swannery.
We serve homemade food using locally sourced ingredients from local suppliers.
We cater for customers with allergies & dietary requirements.
Gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan products are always available.
If there is something you wish to know about our ingredients please ask a member of staff.
- coffee is rich and full-bodied, with hints of dark chocolate and a sweet nutty aftertaste, from Sumatra, Brazil, Colombia and Honduras,
- tea is organic and fair-trade from Clipper, Dorset,
- bottled water comes from Hildon in Hampshire,
- beef, port and lamb come from the West Country,
- fish is caught locally (where possible),
- tuna is caught by line or pole,
- salad and vegetables are grown and supplied by UK sources,
- gluten-free flour comes from Somerset
- speciality ice cream comes from Devon,
- crisps come from Plymous.